Visit the Coast Redwoods - the tallest trees in the world. The tour includes Muir Woods National Monument and Sausalito and is combined with a full tour of Alcatraz.
This popular tour crosses the Golden Gate Bridge for spectacular views of San Francisco and the Marin Headlands. Continuing north, we wind along picturesque Highway 1 to Muir Woods. This 550 acre National Monument is home to some of the tallest and oldest trees in the world, the Coastal Redwoods. We spend around 1 1/4 hours here, enjoying the scenery before passing Mt. Tamalpais en route to Sausalito.
Enjoy approximately 30 - 45 minutes in Sausalito, with shopping, bay views, galleries, and fabulous mansions - home to California's wealthiest citizens.
• World famous Golden Gate Bridge.
• Marina District - home of the yuppies.
• The Presidio - ex military base turned National Recreation Area.
• Marin County - the wealthiest county in the U.S.
• Highway 1 - the world famous Pacific Coastal Highway
• Muir Woods - home to the Coastal redwoods
• Sausalito - A Mediterranean style village facing San Francisco Bay
The full tour on Alcatraz Island includes round trip ferry from Pier 41 via the Blue and Gold Fleet with the award winning 35 minute audio headset tour inside the prison cellblock, available in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French
6 - 8 hours
165 Jefferson Street, San Francisco
Fully narrated tour, entrance to Muir Woods. 35 minute audio tour of alcatraz cellblock.
Food and drinks, driver's gratuity (optional), drop off at hotel after tour