This tour includes a visit to the Coast Redwoods of Muir Woods National Monument where you'll see some of the tallest trees in the world as well as Sausalito and the Golden Gate Bridge.
This popular tour crosses the Golden Gate Bridge for spectacular views of San Francisco and the Marin Headlands. Continuing north, we wind along picturesque Highway 1 to Muir Woods. This 550 acre National Monument is home to some of the tallest and oldest trees in the world, the Coastal Redwoods. We spend around 1 1/4 hours here, enjoying the scenery before passing Mt. Tamalpais en route to Sausalito.
Enjoy approximately 30 - 45 minutes in Sausalito, with shopping, bay views, galleries, and fabulous mansions - home to California's wealthiest citizens. From here there are two options :
1. Continue back to San Francisco on the tour.
2. Stay in Sausalito and take a ferry back to
San Francisco at your leisure ( extra $8.50 ).
• World famous Golden Gate Bridge.
• Marina District - home of the yuppies.
• The Presidio - ex military base turned National Recreation Area.
• Marin County - the wealthiest county in the U.S.
• Highway 1 - the world famous Pacific Coastal Highway
• Muir Woods - home to the Coastal redwoods
• Sausalito - A Mediterranean style village facing San Francisco Bay
165 Jefferson Street, San Francisco
narration, Free pick up from most San Francisco hotels, entrance fee to Muir Woods
food, driver's gratuity, drop off at hotel after tour