This day tour includes the scenic Coastal Highway 1, a stop in Monterey, the 17 mile drive and time for shopping in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
California has one of the most breathtaking coastlines in the world. Our route south on Highway 1 through the beach town of Santa Cruz features one spectacular view after another. Scheduled stops on the tour include Steinbeck’s Cannery Row in Monterey. Here, you will have time to visit Monterey Bay Aquarium. More than 250,000 creatures fill over 200 spectacular galleries and exhibits, including a walk-through aviary, three story kelp forest, Penguins, and a million gallon Outer Bay display.
After a drive along the 17 mile drive including Pebble Beach golf course, the Lone Pine, and some of the best coastal vistas in the world, we will stop in the gallery / restaurant district of Carmel-by-the-sea and various vistas Passing from the historic to the futuristic our tour returns through Silicon Valley, the high tech capital of the world.
• Pacific Coastal Highway 1
• Santa Cruz - Beach and surfing town.
• Monterey - Historic Town Center, Cannery Row, world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf.
• 17 Mile Drive including Lone Cypress and Pebble Beach Golf Course.
• Carmel - by - the Sea. Shops, restaurants - home to Clint Eastwood.
• Silicon Valley - the high-tech capital of the world.
Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco
FREE hotel pick-up and drop off for most San Francisco hotels. Fully narrated tour. Entrance to 17 mile drive.